I went to see the Das Llamas at Thee Parkside in San Francisco last night. This was the second show I’ve been to in the past few months where I was surprised by the low turnout. The first being The Twilight Sad at The Independent, where perhaps 20 people were in attendance. With a grand total of 5 standing, counting the bartender.
These guys are currently getting some decent airplay on Seattle’s KEXP and their album is currently number 2 on John In The Morning’s top 15 albums. Right behind Elliott Smith and in front of the Arctic Monkey’s, BRMC, Bright Eyes and Blonde Redhead.
JOHN’S TOP 15 CURRENT ALBUMS:
1. Elliott Smith – New Moon (Kill Rock Stars)
2. Das Llamas – World War (Aviation)
3. Arctic Monkeys – Favourite Worst Nightmare (Domino)
4. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club – Baby 81 (RCA)
5. Bright Eyes – Cassadaga (Saddle Creek)
6. Blonde Redhead – 23 (4AD)
JOHN’S NORTHWEST TOP 10:
(Local show Saturday 6-9 pm)
1. Das Llamas – World War (Aviation)
The admission price was $5 and this felt like a private show for my non birthday day. (I spent the work day at Apple in Cupertino and had pizza and frozen yogurt for lunch… reminding me of a kids birthday party.)
I wrote about these guys a month ago today. What’s the matter with you SF local music fans? Was there something better going on?